Bookish (and Not So Bookish) Thoughts is a weekly meme hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. I had a lot of fun the last time I wrote one two weeks ago, so I thought I’d give it a try again, since it’s fun, easy and a good way to get me back into writing. I’ve been a little lackluster with the blogging the last week or two.
- I’ve finished reading some stuff I need to review, but I just haven’t written it yet. I may not get it done, considering life has gotten pretty busy this month. Still, though, I hope to get reviews up on Falling Kingdoms, The Lost Hero, and The Son of Neptune as soon as I can.
- The Heroes of Olympus series is just as great as I had hoped it would be. I liked the later Percy Jackson books so much in part because the characters aged so well and Heroes of Olympus just continues that.
- In spite of attempting to reduce the number of books on my to-read pile (which just freaking feel over again), I bought the 2/4 releases Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi and Cress by Marissa Meyer yesterday. So excited for both of them. I am, however, rereading the entire Shatter Me series before I start Ignite Me, just to refresh my brain. I really want to start it right away but I know that if I do, I’ll probably be pretty lost.
- PS, if you didn’t know already, Tahereh Mafi has a YouTube channel with her husband, Ransom Riggs, that I have been loving. Keep it awkward, make it weird, and definitely check it out.
- The Super Bowl didn’t go so well last weekend. I had to work that night, so I didn’t get to see any of it, but I had a job interview in downtown Denver Monday morning and I was definitely looking forward to people-watching for aftereffects of the victory party. Didn’t happen, though. Lots of sad faces at the Starbucks I went to.
- That job interview, however, did go quite well. I have another interview with them next week and a job fair to attend and another interview with a different company after that plus a grad school application to finish with a rapidly approaching hard deadline. Not ready for any of it yet, but that’s what the weekend and Monday are for, I suppose. 😉
- Seriously though, if I don’t get this job I’ll be so sad. I expect I’ll continue to be less present on my blog the next few weeks as I either spiral into self-pity for a little while over not getting the job or frantically trying to start it while I give notice and finish out my schedule at my current job and pack and try to move and etc, etc.
- Today I’m procrastinating all that nervousness and the to-do list by going to see the Vampire Academy movie, which released today. I’m only kind of excited about it. They drastically changed the way they advertise it a couple of weeks ago, making it darker and more action-looking. I wish they had done that from the start: the humor looks a little corny, but I will try not to judge too much before I even make it to the theater. I hope so much that it is good and it does well, though I kind of doubt it, since most of the book’s fan base seems to be pretty skeptical.
- Speaking of movie trailers, another full-length trailer for Divergent came out. It looks like a good movie, but I’m kind of upset with the way it’s portrayed in this trailer:Tris isn’t brave because she’s Divergent. She’s brave because she’s Tris. I really hope that’s a simplification for the trailer and not the whole movie because that’s
kind of ana very important point about Divergence and personal strength in the books.
- And, I suppose I should get back to my to-do list before I leave for the movie. Hope you all have a great weekend, and I will be back with some new posts as soon as humanly possible.